Patient Registration & Information
We are here to help you enjoy your life, pain-free. Our practice is dedicated to helping you identify the cause of your pain and creating a custom treatment program that will allow you to return to normal activities pain-free.
Once we receive your initial appointment request, we will register you or update your information if you are a returning client. We are a digital and eco-friendly office so your medical history forms will be in an online format that you will receive via email. All forms are encrypted for HIPAA and confidentiality compliance, so your information is safe and secure.
In Advance of Your First Visit
- Make a list of questions and symptoms that you have for your first visit.
- Be able to provide key past medical history, previous treatments, current medications, and other important information.
- Confirm that VCM accepts your insurance benefits.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card and a photo ID.
Your First Visit
- Check in with the front office staff, if there are any issues with your online registration they will consult with you at that time.
- You will meet with your practitioner for the initial evaluation.
- During the evaluation, your physical therapist will ask questions about your medical history, current pain, or injury. Open communication helps us understand your problem.
- An appropriate comprehensive evaluation will be performed. Our purpose is to help you, be sure to communicate if anything hurts or is bothering you during the examination.
- Your practitioner will recommend and discuss with you a course of treatments to ensure the quickest recovery and the best results.
- There will be some treatments performed during your first visit, however, during your next visit you will begin to work on your full therapy plan.
- The full schedule of your treatment plan will be scheduled by the front desk. The Plan of Care varies from patient to patient, but we will work with you to book appointments convenient to your schedule.
- Your practitioner will report their findings and treatment plan to submit to your referring physician or another medical professional of your choice.