Join Our Team
Vineyard Complementary Medicine (VCM) is celebrating 18 years in the healing community as the only fully integrated bodywork practice on Martha’s Vineyard. Our team includes Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, PTA’s, Acupuncturists, Massage Therapists, and Personal Trainers. We are a busy year-round clinic, but as a resort community, we typically have a large increase in patient visits during the summer months, in addition to the significant growth we have experienced over the past three years.
Our team consists of expertly qualified healthcare specialists who work together, using evidence-supported treatments, on a focused complementary treatment plan. We communicate as a team to ensure each client gets optimal results and rapid pain relief. We believe our complementary approach is the primary reason why we have a proven track record of helping clients that were previously unsuccessful with other treatments.
We are currently expanding our staff to include:
The successful year-round or seasonal candidate should be:
- An independent go-getter with a strong desire to build upon an already booming practice.
- Experienced with at least 1 year in an outpatient orthopedic setting. New grads with a strong clinical skill base will be considered.
- Licensed by Massachusetts, with preference given to candidates credentialled with major insurance companies.
The starting salary is based on clinical performance and caseload management. Our benefits package includes housing, paid time off, continuing education, and a health insurance stipend.
OUTPATIENT ORTHOPEDIC PHYSICAL THERAPIST (2)
1-Full-Time Permanent and 1-Full-Time Seasonal
Do you love the ocean? Then we have a job for you!
Vineyard Complementary Medicine (VCM), established in 2003, is the Vineyard’s largest provider of chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture, therapeutic massage, zero balancing, and reiki. Our office is located in Edgartown, MA with satellite offices in and Vineyard Haven, on the island of Martha’s Vineyard. We continue to grow our practice and need to expand.
Our world-class complementary collaborative team members seek highly skilled, high-energy, hands-on, fitness-focused individuals to join our team. Eligible candidates must thrive in a dynamic environment, have a passion for helping others, and have a verifiable history of self-accomplishment. Successful candidates must have at least one year of experience in an outpatient orthopedic setting.
New graduates with a strong clinical skill base will also be considered. Through our VCM Mentorship Program, you will learn “complementary” evidence-based physical therapy modalities that can be integrated into your PT practice. We also welcome “new grad teams” (at least 2 qualified individuals for the mentorship program) so that your new job and location can be shared with a colleague.
VCM provides great benefits, and strong salary growth opportunities based on clinical performance, caseload, and leadership management. Housing is also available.
PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT
VCM is currently in need of two full-time Physical Therapy Assistants to provide direct patient care services under the direction and supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Administer treatment programs with guidance from the Physical Therapist
- Document patient treatment, condition, and other pertinent information
- Focus on providing the highest quality treatment for patients
- Use knowledge of basic biological and medical science
- Perform certain aspects of patient evaluation and interventions
- Instruct patients on PT modalities and home exercise programs
- 2+ years’ clinical experience
- Must possess a caring and compassionate demeanor
- Home health experience an asset
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license
- Current CPR and/or first aid certification favorable
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Treating patients with needles, cups, ear balls, seeds, pellets, and supplements.
Preparing herbal treatments to treat patients.
Assessing patients to make diagnoses, collating medical histories, and developing treatment plans.
Analyzing physical findings and medical records to make a diagnosis.
Ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
Massachusetts license to practice Acupuncture.
Compassion for patients.
Good analytical skills, administrative skills, and communication skills.
If you’re hard-working and dedicated, VCM is an ideal place to get ahead. Apply today!
– Evaluate clients’ soft tissue condition, joint quality and function, muscle strength, and range of motion.
– Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used.
– Consult with clients about their medical histories and any problems with stress and/or pain in order to determine whether massage would be helpful.
– Massage and knead the muscles and soft tissues of the human body in order to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance.
-Prepare and blend oils, and apply the blends to clients’ skin.
-Discuss with other VCM professionals to develop treatment plans for clients.
-Maintain detailed and accurate treatment records of clients.
-Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions.
Experience working in a spa or therapy center environment preferred.
4+ years experience as a professional massage therapist.
Proficient knowledge of reflexology, swedish, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage.
Ability to perform massages on diverse clients.
Would you like to apply to be part of our team?
Please complete this EMPLOYEE APPLICATION, and send it along with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or use the form below to apply.