Susan Sanford, President and CEO
- Licensed Physical Therapist
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Diplomate of Acupuncture (Board Certified by The National Certification Commission on Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Certified Sports Medicine Acupuncturist
Susan has a passion for solving problems and assisting her clients on the path to pain relief and healing. Susan’s passion is combining her skill set and background of physical therapy with Chinese Medicine theory and complementary medicine treatment techniques. Susan feels that her specialized skill set is invaluable for helping to resolve and manage difficult cases of sciatica, low back pain and arthritis and musculoskeletal injuries. Susan believes collaboration with other specialists is the key to success with any injury healing especially with low back pain, chronic pain, and injuries.
Susan graduated from The University of Connecticut with a BS in Physical Therapy and from The New England School of Acupuncture with a Masters Degree in Acupuncture. Susan has over 24 years of physical therapy experience and earned her graduate-level acupuncture degree that required over 2,500 hours of education and clinical training. Additionally, Susan graduated from a 250-hour Sports Medicine Acupuncture Certification program, an advanced training combining Western Orthopedic Sports Medicine with Acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Susan moved to Martha’s Vineyard in 1997 from Southbury, CT and opened Vineyard Complementary Medicine in 2003.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Member
- American Physical Therapy Association Private Practice Section Member
- American Physical Therapy Association Orthopedic Special Section
- Dukes County Health Council Member
- Dukes County Health Council Healthy Aging Committee Member
- Vineyard Healthcare Access Advisory Board Member